President Akufo-Addo acted “shameless” over the Akropong chieftaincy feud; Chief reignites 100 years of chieftaincy feud

For more than 100 years, Akropong has always had chieftaincy disputes but kingmakers say never has a tattooed, more unqualified person occupied the stool than now.
This is after the Okoman Traditional Council held a presser at Akropong to expose the role of National Security in the bid to install the current chief struggling to assert control.
Briefing the media at a press conference in Akropong, the Frankaahene of Akuapem Traditional Area, Nana Kwaw Kuturuku V, called out President Akufo-Addo for acting “shameless” over the Akropong chieftaincy feud.
Then Thirty-Four (34) year old Odehye Kwadwo Kesse was in 2020 sworn in and outdoored as the new Okuapehene with the stool name Oseadeeyo Kwasi Akufo II under heavy military and national security presence.

The installation has cost a resident his leg as he was assaulted by thugs and security officer ove the chieftaincy dispute and has now been amputated.

This is after Kwadwo Kessie was rejected severally for being tattooed, and allegedly living an “unholy” life in the US. The scars of his tattoo remain although he cleared it after furore. Prior to that installation, National Security had been stationed in Akropong for months in 2018 after the immediate past Omanhene, the late Oseadeeyo Addo Dankwa III, who was installed the Paramount Chief of the Akuapem Traditional Area in 1974 at the age of 44 and reigned continuously for 41 years before died in August 2015.

These National Security men allegedly turned the Palace into a wee smoking hub and a brothel where they had free range access until 2020 when the tattooed royal emerged through brute force by elements allegedly acting on Presidential orders.
The Okoman Council said the Presidency attempted to bribe kingmakers after using brute force to have an unqualified man tattooed man Kwadwo Kesse installed as Akuapemhene. Evidence of the said bribe include an offer of a house among others to Okuapemhemeaa and other items which were rejected.

According to the Okoman Council, on January 24, 2018, with the full backing of the government and the late Victor Newman in the company of the National Security Operatives from the Jubilee House, conducted a raid on the Ofori Kuma Palace and brutally assaulted the young men on guard.

Disclaimer: Kohweonline.com is not liable for any damages resulting from the use of the information.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: